Supervise the day to day, and hour to hour activities of the maintenance and sanitation department(s) associates. Ensure that the planned maintenance and sanitation program procedures are being performed accurately and on a timely basis.
Accountable and Reports to: Plant Manager / Director of Operations
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise the Building and Facility work force in the accomplishment of the day-to-day assignments
- Oversee the purchase of parts, tools and materials/supplies for the maintenance and sanitation tasks as required
- Verify work orders to ensure they are properly documented for all job tasks
- Conduct department and entire facility safety and sanitation surveys, and to assign work orders and the required personnel to correct and prevent equipment and facility deficiencies
- Respond to and investigate accidents, near miss situations, and the equipment and facility integrity issues.
- Participate in departmental and facility safety meetings routinely
- Oversee the complex grounds for sanitation and maintenance opportunities to include but not limited to landscape, pavement and snow plowing and removal activities
- Assist in the troubleshooting of equipment and facility system symptoms
- Ensures associates have the equipment and tools needed to perform their work and assists them in securing the necessary information, equipment and tools to address an equipment breakdown
- Assists in the maintaining of company policies and contractual agreements
- Develops productive associates through training, coaching, and mentoring (and discipline when necessary) in order to achieve company goals and objective
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS: (These are considered occasional in nature)
- Maintain Engineering and Sanitation work schedules and planned maintenance schedules in the absence of the facility Maintenance Superintendents
- Performs other duties as assigned, to include special projects
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Possess good supervisory skills & the ability to work with and through others to achieve desired results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative skills to include PC skills (i.e. Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, CMMS)
- Extensive experience in the repair and maintenance of material handling equipment (forklifts, conveyors, as/rs, building maintenance, plumbing, electrical, PLC’s etc.)
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities.
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, and be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in multiple temperature environments from -20F degrees to +80F degrees
- Work is performed under typical warehouse conditions and maintenance shop environments
- Potential hazards exist with a regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
- Work environment is fast paced.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year