Home Products International (HPI), headquartered in Chicago Illinois, is a privately-held consumer products company specializing in the design, marketing and manufacturing of high quality, innovative housewares products. The Company is a leading supplier to mass merchandise, home improvement and specialty retail channels of value-priced houseware items across three primary product categories: storage, garment care and home organization. HPI holds a significant position in the US market in each of its product categories, including the #1 share position in ironing boards and the #3 position for storage products.
HPI is a dynamic and fast-paced organization focused on financial results. Core to the organization is a customer-centric business model which involves collaborating with key customers on products and programs to ensure sales success. This entails developing the right business solution for each customer, which often involves private label and exclusive products or configurations. The company goes to market under the Durabilt® , EcoStorage, and Homz® brands, and also supports all major retailers’ private label initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Ecommerce and working cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, and Operations, the Ecommerce Channel Manager will assist in achieving or exceeding sales and margin budgets for HPI’s ecommerce business.
- Set-up of HPI products on customer websites
- Coordinate with product teams to gather info/photos
- Complete forms swiftly and accurately for customer submission
- Work with the Marketing Communications manager for product content
- Follow-up to make sure styles are set up correctly
- Help onboard new Ecommerce retailers
- Monitor and report inventory in conjunction with rate of sale analysis
- Recommend forecast adjustment
- Recommend product assortment based on positive and negative sales trends
- Review customer comments and provide relevant feedback to the product teams
- Support consumer correspondence on the Bazaarvoice platform, answering questions and responding to review commentary where directed
- Work with Product Managers on product improvements needed based on consumer intel/information
- Manage the Bazaarvoice sampling campaign including email correspondence with Bazaarvoice and Homz Insider members, as well as coordination of sample shipments
- Responsible for maintaining a library/organizational system to document and summarize routine on-line audits of both the Homz brand and competitive brands
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or business-related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the retail industry, with at least2 in Ecommerce
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, anticipating and solving problems
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to work in a fast-changing, dynamic environment
- Experience with Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Target.com, Wayfair.com, and/or HomeDepot.com
Home Products International-North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and provides an attractive compensation plan with bonus as well as a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.